Full-stack Web Developer - PHP (Laravel) & Vue.js
From our office in Bournemouth, Dorset, we build business applications that help successful companies get to the next level. Due to increasing client demand, we’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our team who has demonstrable experience (3+ years) with PHP and Laravel.
Who are we?
Yammayap is a specialist software development company based in Bournemouth. We build bespoke business management systems that help successful companies get to the next level.
The systems we create are truly bespoke - we mould them around our clients’ internal processes, so they fit their business perfectly. We work closely with them and their teams to create something that is purpose-built.
Who do we work with?
Our customers are typically market leaders in the industries they operate in, but that’s about all they have in common. Here are some of the types of companies we have built systems for in the past couple of years:
- A global PPE provider
- A national decking manufacturer
- A global workplace construction group
- An international air traffic control consultancy
- A global VFX company that works in TV and film
- A national e-learning provider in the transport and logistics sector
- A national motorhome retailer
- A leading home insurance broker
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join the team, be that a mid-level developer with 3+ years of experience or a senior developer with 5+. The right candidate will have demonstrable commercial experience with PHP (Laravel), along with familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres. In addition, we’d expect the candidate to have experience with developing interactive interfaces with Vue.js and familiarity with developer tools such as Webpack, GIT, Github Actions etc. Importantly, we’re looking for someone who can quickly find their feet and start contributing to the projects we’re working on. You’ll be comfortable working independently or as part of a team and happy to attend and contribute to client meetings when required.
Skills and experience
- Commercial experience with OO PHP and Laravel: 3+ years (Mid) or 5+ years of experience (Senior)
- BSc in Computer Science or related field OR able to show experience with working code examples
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application
- Proficient in automated unit and feature testing with PHPUnit
- Understanding of how to avoid common web application security flaws
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Experience in integrating with third-party APIs (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Familiarity with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap & TailwindCSS
- Experience in developing interactive interfaces with Vue.js (InertiaJS desirable)
- Familiarity with developer tools such as Webpack, GIT, Github Actions etc
- Proficient understanding of hosting web applications using the LEMP stack and AWS
- Able to work independently and as a part of a collaborative team
- Able to plan, organise, and deliver own tasks
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with the rest of the team to plan, develop, deliver, and maintain public & internal web applications for our clients.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Writing efficient, testable, and reusable PHP code using the Laravel framework
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs, as well as developing your own
- Building aesthetically pleasing, but highly functional interactive user interfaces
- Maintenance tasks such as bug fixing, applying updates and performance optimisation
- Planning future development work, helping to architect solutions and infrastructure
- Working closely with other team members and communicating directly with clients
- Competitive pay starting from £33,000+ depending on experience
- Holiday starting at 20 days with one additional day of paid leave for each year worked (maximum 25), plus bank holidays
- Team outings and events
- Computer of your choosing
- Working with a fun, collaborative, and talented team
- Some hybrid working is possible, but the role requires regular face to face
- Great potential for growth and career advancement
We’d like the successful candidate to start ASAP but we’re willing to be flexible for the right candidate. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Anyone not within commuting distance of central Bournemouth should not apply.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you would like to work for Yammayap and believe you are well suited for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. No offshore teams. We will not respond to your emails or calls.